Our Privacy Principles
As our daily operations require collection and processing of your data, we are committed to ensuring a high level of data protection and security to protect your personal data as protecting individual right and privacy is the foundation of trust in our business.
Below is a set of basic principles:
• We will take all necessary measures to keep your data secure and accessible only to authorized personnel or party
• We will not sell, rent or license your personal information unless you authorize it
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) to take up two key responsibilities:
2. Serve as the key contact point to address your concern, handle your requests or complaints about data privacy matters and practices
You can find DPO’s contact details in section “Contact Details”.
How do we collect your personal data?
There are a number of ways we may collect your personal data, either from you or a third party.
You may provide data to us through:
• web form you filled in for filing an inquiry, complaint or feedback
• any online survey or poll you complete on our website
• cookies, you can read into detail in our cookies policy
• your email, live chat or call record with us
We may also collect your personal data from a third party that may include:
• digital services provider
• companies who assist in marketing purposes
• social media or social networking sites
What kinds of personal data do we collect?
We may collect the following data about you:
• contact details such as your email, phone number, and address
In general, we may process your personal data for:
• designing specific products/services for you;
•improving marketing and promotional efforts and product and service offerings;
• conducting market research for statistical or other purposes;
• complying with the laws and regulations in applicable jurisdictions
Who are we going to share your personal data with?
We may share or transfer it to our affiliate companies, a third-party vendor, within or outside Hong Kong, to perform administrative, technical, hosting, marketing or other functions that help us manage the Website while providing service to you.
Except as noted above, we will not release your personal data to any other party without obtaining your consent, unless required to do so by government authorities or legal process or as otherwise permitted by law.
How long will we keep your personal data?
We will retain your personal data for a period necessary to attain the specified purposes.
We would like to keep you informed about products and services that we offer or may provide in the future. We may inform you by email or other electronic channels. We will only inform you of products and services that you may be interested in.
Before using your personal data for direct marketing, we must obtain your consent. You may give your consent to the use and provision of your personal data for direct marketing by opting in via avotech website. You may also withdraw your consent later by informing us in writing an email stating the purpose to the email address in the section “Contact Details”.
To contact the Data Protection Officer for requests such as:
• access or correction of your personal data held by us; or
• for information regarding data privacy policies and practices
please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with purposes or questions clearly stated in the message, and the Data Protection Officer will reply as soon as possible.